On this page:
- General Information
- Description of Program
- Volunteer Information
- Donation Guidelines
- How to Donate
- News from the Clothing Room
- Days of Operation: 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month
- Hours of Operation: 9:30—10:00am (all guests on line by 10:00am will be admitted)
- Volunteer Hours: 8:45am—11:00am
- Volunteer Contact: Ann Mary, xmClothingRoom@gmail.com (NOTE: NEW email address!)
Description of program
Through donations from the community, the All Saints Clothing Room provides clean, casual clothing for all sizes, toiletries, and appropriate business wear for interviews and employment to approximately 60 guests each Sunday morning. This clothing distribution is mainly geared towards men, though some women’s clothing is available.
- Volunteers are needed each Sunday to assist with sorting clothing prior to opening and distributing clothing during the hours of operation
- Contact Ann Mary Mullane for more info
- ALL Donations must be new or gently used! Ripped, faded, frayed, or stained items are not accepted—if you wouldn’t wear it, we don’t want it!
- Men’s Clothing
- WE NEED UNDERWEAR!!! Boxers are especially appreciated.
- All sizes welcome
- Large sizes especially needed
- Socks and underwear MUST BE NEW and in unopened packages!!
- Bed and Bath Linens
- Sheet sets
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Toothbrushes & Toothpaste
- Travel sizes preferred
- Unopened items only!
- The Clothing Room DOES NOTaccept:
- Books (see Shelter page for info about donating books)
- Household Items
How To Donate
- Place all donations in the large white bin on the basement level (to the left as you exit the elevator). Please do not leave donations on the floor.
- All donations MUST be secured in plastic or paper bags. Please do not throw loose items into the bin; they take longer to sort and also make lovely bedding for rodents!
- See the receptionist for a donation receipt. Please note that St. Francis Xavier does not estimate the value of your donation.
News from the Clothing Room
As the next step of our incorporation process, Xavier Mission has new contact information for our staff and volunteer coordinators. Please click here for updated email addresses.
Our Giving Trees are back! Please take a tag (or two or three)!
A few thoughts about the one thing we are so close to, and yet think so little of, from our Clothing Room Coordinator.